**I have been compensated by the Leonardo Museum with free tickets in thanks for helping share about this awesome exhibit, but as always the thoughts expressed are my own.
I am so thrilled to be able to work with The Leonardo Museum in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah! As many of you know flight was one of Leonardo da Vinci’s passions during his life, so what better way to honor him than to have a brand new exhibit all about flight! The awesome thing about this Flight exhibit is that it will be absolutely homegrown right here in Utah! It is not a traveling exhibit like Body Worlds, Mummies of the World or Dead Sea Scrolls, but is a semi-permanent exhibit that will be on display for the next few years.
The Leonardo does not disappoint, here are some of the awesome things you will be able to see and have hands-on experiences for the whole family:
- a full-sized replica of Leonardo da Vinci’s very first man-powered flying machine on display in the exhibit
- a real rocket pack, you will be able to touch and discover how one of these things works
- a giant, C-131 aircraft. The aircraft is so large that to get it into the museum, they actually had to take off part of the wall of the building to get it inside. The wingspan is so big that it only clears the walls of the exhibit by six inches on either side. You can get up on the wings of the airplane and run from one side to the other. You can get in the cockpit and mess with all the buttons, levers and gadgets. You can slide out the back of the airplane on the giant slide. You can even get in and take a look at the fuselage and learn how airplanes are built and work.
- a Russian MiG-21 Fighter
- three hyper-realistic flight simulators provided by Rockwell Collins so you can get in and fly all sorts of missions, planes and other things to get your blood pumping
- a few additional surprises to give you more to look forward to!
Want to know how YOU can HELP?
These exhibits are not cheap, and the Leonardo is looking for help to fund it, in exchange you can receive some pretty amazing stuff!
You can donate through the KICKSTARTER the Leonardo has set up, and it is pretty amazing. Keep in mind the cost of an adult ticket is usually $13.
- If you donate just $5 you will receive a free pair of Air Leo wings, and one (1) free ticket to be among the first in the world to see the new Flight exhibit
Donating just $15 you receive a classic bomber hat and goggles . You’ll also get all of the rewards at the $5 level.
If you donate $30 you will get everything at the first two levels, plus you’ll get three (3) additional tickets to be among the first to see the Flight exhibit. When you come, you’ll also get a flight themed treat in the café and a special gift from the retail store.
For your donation of $50, you’ll receive four (4) tickets to the PRE-OPENING of Flight. You’ll be able to see the exhibit before it opens to the public and participate in the huge paper airplane party. You’ll be among 1000 other people to flood the skies of Salt Lake with cool paper airplanes. You’ll also be able to see a real live skywriter and interact with all sorts of fun people. The event takes place August 5, 2016, at 1pm, so if you want a cool activity for you and the kids, this is it!
You can’t beat these deals, AND you are helping to fund something amazing! Have some fun with family and friends and help out at the same time!
The Leonardo has been so generous and is allowing me to giveaway ONE Family Plus pass to the museum. This pass is good for one year and allows 2 adults and up to 6 guests year round access to the museum and all the exhibits. You will also get 15% off in the bistro and the retail store. I don’t know if it gets better than that! I am so excited for whoever wins this!!
Go ahead and enter in the box below! Winner will be chosen at random via giveaway tools on Monday, July 19th at 3:00.
See the Happy!